Healthcare Deputy Director (1. Environmental Services 2. Inpatient Operations)
Role 1: Environmental Services Deputy Director
• Plans, directs, manages, coordinates and monitors activities and operations of the Environmental Services.
• Department including management of staff and assigned projects.
• Develops and implements strategic goals and objectives.
• Performs other related duties as required Prepares department budget data; monitors expenditures and prepares financial reports.
• Serves as liaison to supply, chemical, and equipment vendors and evaluates and selects products and services.
• Participates in developing departmental goals and objectives/policies and procedures.
• Meets with other staff members to discuss progress and to develop future courses of action.
• Administers and monitors compliance to departmental policies and procedures in accordance with state, federal, and organizational guidelines.
• Manages staff and employee performance.
• Resolves Human resource-related issues, determines staffing needs, interviews and hires staff.
• Provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests ways to develop skills.
• Determines disciplinary, termination and salary actions.
• Directs and monitors workflow.
• Supervises and coordinates staff schedules and special events coverage for custodial staff.
• Assists Director in operation of department and acts for Director in his/her absence.
• Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
• Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
• Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
• Maintains records and files of and reviews work schedules, inspection forms, cleaning and equipment records, work orders, and other operations records completed by supervisory personnel.
• Monitors staff adherence to established safety standards.
• Takes the necessary precautions, in keeping with OSHA standards and other applicable state regulations, when working with hazardous chemicals and materials and power equipment.
• Uses personal protective equipment as required.
• Responds to hazardous chemical/waste spills when on duty and by telephone when off duty if contacted.
• Establishes a prescribed level of cleanliness that must be achieved and maintained and ensures adherence through inspections and evaluations.
• Takes action to correct deficiencies.
• Participates in committee meetings and is directly responsible for the hospital's infectious and hazardous wastes programs, the paper recycling program, and computerized management system.
Role 2: Inpatient Operations Deputy Director
Purpose of Position:
• Under supervision provides assistance to management executives in operation of a health care facility and assists in supervision of a group of services.
• Performs administrative and managerial functions related to the operation of total hospital or specific patient services.
• Implements and coordinates new programs and projects and monitors their operations and effectiveness.
Examples of Typical Tasks:
1. Provides assistance to executives in a wide range of activities in the management of a hospital and/or medical center including such areas as hospital administration, total management and administrative systems, professional, medical, technical, operational and related support activity services.
2. Assists in the administration management of specified activities and functions. Carries out assignments and undertakes studies involving the total service center or specific patient
services, including budget planning, cost studies/analysis, and preparing specific budgets.
3. Collects and analyzes data needed as a basis for administrative and management decisions relative to various hospital activities.
4. Accumulates data for budget preparations, fiscal reports, and review of budget estimates.
5. Investigates and reports on patient and visitors complaints and performs special studies and performs special studies and investigations on operational units.
6. Prepares and develops informational data in hospital training programs, and participates in the development and updating of activity programs.
If you are interested in the position, do kindly drop your most updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (Attn: Deputy Director (Environmental Services / Inpatient Operations) - Leon)
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd