Healthcare Assistant (Instruments/Implant Technician OT)
- Job Purpose
The job-holder is responsible for preparation and assembly of surgical instruments and /or implants sets to ensure they are complete and safe for use.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary Responsibilities and Duties (80%)
- Receives, sorts, decontaminates, cleans inspects surgical instruments or implants sets after used.
- Checks and assembles surgical instruments/implants sets in accordance to the format and prepares them for sterilization.
- Top up implants used for respective surgical sets
- Inventories and restocks consignment implants into the respective implant sets accordingly. To carry out the necessary follow up if needed.
- Reports any discrepancy of supplies or implants to NM/NC
- Operate all equipment associated with decontamination and sterilization safely and as recommended (e.g. washer sterilizer, ultrasonic cleaners, autoclaves etc)
- Performs and carry out sterilizer test for sterilising machine in TSSU
- Stores and distributes sterile supplies timely
- Identifies instruments that need to be repaired/replaced and notifies NM/NC of the Discipline
- Take appropriates action and follow up with the repair or replacement of faulty instruments.
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties (20%)
- Maintains proper housekeeping of workplace in TSSU
- Maintains proper inventory of implants stock level to ensure they are adequate for use
- Create or up date any surgical instrument format as required
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Job Specification
- Possesses good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented
- Possess ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Must be capable of working well under pressure and short deadlines
- Able to perform 3 rotating shifts
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
National University Hospital