Head of Sourcing/Procurement is responsible for all procurement activities in support of sales and operations for Country Foods. The job involves support the frozen commodities, raw material and finished and semi-finished products for direct sales or production. This function provides leadership, guidance, and direction to carry out business goals, compliance, and personnel. This role seeks for a person that is able to transform and grow the procurement and training function to the next stage for Country Foods including within the exciting alternative protein space.
- Procure frozen proteins and vegetables within the global market place in order to gain best value for the SATS group of companies
- Manage all procurement operations requirement within Country Foods to ensure all purchases are effectively managed
- Ensure that all items procured follow the regulatory and quality standards
- Ensure that Halal certification and adherence is maintained at a high standard on an ongoing basis.
- Provide the business with market intel in a structured fashion to enable decision making for procurement and sales
- Provide monthly reporting for effective stock management and forecast accuracy
- Formulate, develop and implement logistic options and involved in improvement programmes and optimises supply chain
- Manage tender evaluations, recommendations and approval
- Negotiate commercial outcomes
- Conduct and report on analysis of expected vs. actual outcomes ensuring service levels are met and assisting the business in ensuring service level issues are remediated
- Leading and building a team of high performing sourcing professionals supporting stakeholders across the South East Asia region in executing tenders, re-negotiations, large scale analytical exercises, and operational reviews
- Setting the strategic direction and priorities for the team in close coordination with the Head Global Sourcing and Procurement
- Provide leadership and management as part of the Country Foods leadership team
- B.S. in Supply Chain, Business or related field. An advanced degree would be an advantage.
- At least 10 years of procurement experience in the food industry with 5-7 years of management experience
- Experienced in using and implementing procurement systems.
- Strong background in quantitative and critical thinking, and data analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must understand procurement and related computerized systems, including ERP, mrp, etc.
- Must be a good businessperson with a strong bottom line orientation.
- Must use strong leadership and interpersonal skills to develop a common sense, practical approach to goals that emphasize teamwork and participation. Must have a proven record at recruiting, developing, and retaining key contributors.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within the team.
Country Foods Pte Ltd