Head Sommelier - Waku Ghin
Summary of Job Responsibilities
As a Head Sommelier your role is to have a high level of knowledge of wines and be able to upsell and make recommendation to guests.
- Ensure all beverage stocks in the wine stand are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and procedures.
- Lead and develop the Sommelier team
- Maintain and update the wine list to reflect the products and vintages that stored.
- Ensure that there is continuous and adequate feedback being communicated to the General Manager with regards to guest comments on the scope and content of the wine list.
- Responsible for maintaining the wine list, recommending wines accordingly and ensures the wine is enjoyed.
- Ensure communication with the Group Wine Buyer to identify wines that need to be upsell in order to maintain stocks.
- Responsibility for maintaining the upkeep of the wine
- Responsibility for the correct use and maintenance of glassware and other wine related equipment in the restaurant including wine list covers, ice buckets, decanting equipment, speciality glassware, bar equipment, cheque covers and POS equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining an executing all the special beverage promotions designed to increase beverage sales in the restaurant.
- Maintain and update sales records and report any changes in stock such as vintage changes, shortage of wines and sold out wines.
- Ability to pair wines and food
- Complies and ensures Marina Bay Sands (LVS Corp) hygiene policies are strictly adhered to on a daily basis
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators:
- Comply and implement all health and safety requirements
- To manage the Sommelier team to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant
- Maximising sales opportunities through wine sales
- To be well presented at all times and to represent the external face of the restaurant
- To maintain Order of Service standards
- To carry out all tasks in a reasonable time frame to ensure the smooth running of the areas.