Head, Portfolio Management & Asset Allocation, Office of Investment
- To assist the CIO in the management of SMU’s Endowment and other funds through a systematic and structured process involving:
- Investment policy development, asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selection and performance monitoring.
- Preserve the purchasing power of the funds and achieve real total return so as to support the financial needs of the university over the long term.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering (or similar quantitative degree)
- Relevant self-driven post graduate research / PhD / CFA / CQF / FRM preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of Investment Strategy and or quantitative risk management work experience in asset owner organisations such as Foundations, Endowments, Sovereign Wealth Funds ideally combined with trading environment experience gained from bulge bracket sell side investment banks.
- Thorough awareness of all aspects of a managing a globally best practice and leading edge- institutional investment organisation.
- Deep working knowledge of all investment asset classes, including but not limited to:
- Public Equity / Fixed Income, Hedge Funds, Private Equity / Venture, Real Estate, Infrastructure, Tactical Opportunities.
- Bring, maintain and develop relationships and knowledge of leading investment managers across all asset classes.
- Investment analysis and due diligence across all asset classes with a strength in analysing Private Asset Classes both Indirect via LP/ GP structures and direct transactions.
- Experience of presenting well to senior management / Investment Committee etc.
- Knowledge of Asset Allocation modelling and optimisation.
- Deep understanding of the behaviours, characteristics and interplay of all institutional investment asset classes.
- Develop performance and risk analytics and construct related systems. Help propose and justify benchmarks using best practice methodologies.
- Maintain a deep awareness of Investment markets and drivers.
- Strong statistical analysis experience.
- Systems development and implementation: Programming (Python, Matlab or R), databases, advanced Excel / VBA
- Bloomberg, Datastream.
- Articulate, result driven team player with an ability to self-start and take projects through to conclusion without continuous guidance.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Able to work effectively at senior levels.
- Willingness to flexibly wear multiple hats within a small team context and constructively support team members.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University