Head of Risk Management (First Vice President)
Head, Risk Management
Reporting directly to the Risk Management Committee (“RMC”) and will be tasked to head and oversee the existing Risk Management function. The position is strategic in nature and it is anticipated that it will act as a change agent, further enhancing the organisation’s capabilities in this area.
The key role of our Risk Management Department (“RMD”) is to provide support to our Risk Management Committee (“RMC”) in carrying out its responsibilities to the Board.
The ideal candidate is likely to currently hold a senior position in a retail or commercial financial institution. Relevant Risk Management and implementation of credit model experience is essential. Of equal importance, however is the general energy and experience one can bring to this organisation’s senior management team.
The management of risks is related to Assets Liability Management (ALM), Market, Interest Rate, Credit, IT and Operations including BCM, Outsourcing, Early Warning Systems (‘EWS”) , Risk Dashboard, review of new/revised policies, review of new products, and review new/renewal of outsourcing arrangements. RMD develops risk models for identifying, assessing, mitigating and reporting. RMD also manages risks and breaches, assess the impact of key risks to the business.
- Ensure that risk framework, structure, policies & procedures remained aligned to the Company’s risk appetite, business and regulatory requirements;
- Developing risk models & processes - credit risk (internal rating model, portfolio management & stress test and to expand to loan origination level), liquidity (gap analysis & stress test), interest rate risk (re-pricing gap analysis & sensitivity analysis), operational risk (data collection, KRI, RCSA, risk assessment of OR events and recommendation for workflow improvement), Dashboard, KRI & EWS;
- Monitor EWS for potential breaches of the Company’s Risk Tolerance and Internal Risk Limits;
- Prepare risk reports, analysis and recommendation for the RMC meeting;
- Draft policies and procedures for Risk Management;
- Monitor and highlight to management incidences of breaches / excess in bank counterparty limits and share financing portfolio;
- Review new product, policies, procedures, & outsourcing to ensure adequate checks, controls, and risk mitigations;
- Develop framework and processes for IT risk management and BCM;
- Carry out BCP testing and make recommendation to mitigate any gap identified;
- Lead in the development of 3-year Strategic Business Plan;
- Vice-Chair the Product and Business Strategy Review Working Group;
- Member of the Loan Committee, NPL Management Committee; IT Risk Committee;
To qualify, individuals must possess :
At least 7 years of relevant Risk Management experience especially in the areas of Credit Risk Management function and with a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- A highly motivated leader who has a strong commercial as well as risk outlook and who demonstrates good writing and communications skills
- Highly meticulous with critical thinking skills and resourceful in problem solving
Sing Investments & Finance Limited