Head of Legal
HEAD OF LEGAL
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Head (Legal & Regulations), you will manage all legal, regulatory and corporate secretarial matters to protect the Company’s business interests and ensure that it complies with all relevant laws and regulations. This will include identifying and advising on legal issues and risks affecting business and support groups, managing and negotiating contracts and documentation, overseeing industry regulatory compliance, and managing corporate secretarial support and relationship with external legal counsel.
- Ensures the Company and staff comply with the laws of Singapore via (i) the provision of legal advice on all legal matters and (ii) conducting checks on the legal documents.
- Ensures that the agreements entered into by the Company with third party vendors and/or service providers are not detrimental to the interests of the Company by vetting the terms and conditions of the said agreements.
- Responsible for all legal matters of the company and giving advice on all legal issues pertaining to the Company’s operations.
- Liaising with the Company’s solicitors in relation to legal documentation relating to the Company’s operations and legal proceedings against defaulting customers.
- Provide general and specific legal advice on all legal problems and issues encountered by the Company, Senior Management and my colleagues in the course of their work.
- Ensure that all legal documents checked by the Associate (Legal) are in order and supervise her work.
- Liaise with the Company’s solicitors on the loan documentation and their legal advice on complex legal issues.
- Liaise with the Company’s solicitors on legal matters such as legal proceedings (such as Writ of Summons, Originating Summons) or bankruptcy actions or writ of seizure & sale or writ of possession proceedings against borrowers/guarantors who have defaulted in payment.
- A good Law Degree
- At least 8 years of post-qualification work experience in a law firm or in an in-house position, preferably in Corporate Law
- Strong strategic and operating skills to collaborate with business leaders to understand and grow the business
- Proven leadership and people management skills to engage and influence diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Results and service driven team player with exceptional problem solving skills to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Technologically adept and proficient in MS Office
Candidates to state last drawn & expected salary. Interested applicants, please email resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (only shortlisted candidates will be notified).
Sing Investments & Finance Limited