Head of Learning & Innovation (3-year contract), SMU Executive Development
- Contributing to the development and implementation of ExD’s strategic plan and objectives, involving collaboration across the business as well as an organisation-wide perspective.
- Developing and deploying a strategic vision for learning for ExD.
- Contributing to driving thought leadership across the business, and at multiple levels of the University.
- Building an environment of collaborative learning to enable innovative, thoughtful needs-based solutions to program design and development.
- Leveraging the SMU eco-system to improve our design and development methodologies and develop better client outcomes.
- Ensuring the depth and breadth of capability within the team is aligned to ExD’s strategic and operational requirements and is continuously developed.
- Keeping abreast of the external trends shaping the competitive landscape of Executive Education.
- Ensuring our learning practice is consistently innovating and further developing our digital learning capabilities.
- Developing a learning ecosystem to ensure we have appropriate internal and external learning capabilities.
- Managing of competing priorities in terms of client needs, business and commercial requirements, internal and external stakeholder interests, to effect mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Working closely with the Commercial team to develop and secure new/existing business opportunities.
- Ensuring Programme Directors deliver a minimum number of recoverable days pa – targets to be agreed.
- Acting as a Programme Director where appropriate days pa to be agreed.
- Ensure all nominated programmes are properly overseen to deliver top quality to clients.
- Developing our learning Insights and Measurement practice.
- Contributing to achieving business and departmental financial performance.
- Minimum Master’s degree; preferably PhD qualification in OD, OB, L&D, Education or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience.
- Motivated and innovative leader.
- Demonstrated leadership of diverse teams and professional learning experts to achieve collaborative and impactful outcomes.
- Proven depth of experience in the design and development of leadership courses and learning interventions in an academic and/or learning environment.
- Ability to think strategically, taking a whole of University approach, to successfully implement strategic and operational plans that meet business objectives and organizational priorities, whilst navigating challenging markets and complex corporate environments.
- Success in managing business operations with a P & L responsibility.
- Excellent service orientation and commercial acumen.
- Demonstrated agility and measure in your decision-making and approach.
- High-level verbal and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate, consult and negotiate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to build strong working relationships and mutually beneficial solutions.
- An ability to adapt to new situations, quickly assimilate new concepts and information, develop, and implement innovative solutions to complex strategic and operational issues.
- A willingness and the requisite tenacity to address organisational challenges, and effect required changes to support the business objectives.
- Embodying the Universities Guiding Principles.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University