Head of Culinary
We are seeking an enthusiastic culinary artisan with a plethora of culinary skills and most importantly, the ability to oversee operations and manage a team of experienced Executive Chefs. The ideal candidate would also be someone who is keen on menu engineering, innovative and passionate about culinary with a specific emphasis on Western cuisine. Must have passion in wines and knowledge in wine pairing.
- Oversee the Back of House operations in 8 outlets with more in the pipeline
- To lead, motivate and initiate where necessary with operations and team
- To be financially viable and create new menu items that reflects innovation.
- Responsible for streamlining BOH costing and inventory according to P&L
- To roll out risk assessment and focus on areas for improvement
- Sourcing of quality ingredients at competitive rates to maintain food costs.
- To actively participate in ad-hoc themes dinners e.g. wine pairing dinner etc
- To be pro-active with menu creation, recommendation and analysis.
- Equally able in administration and is an independent leader.
- Extensive knowledge in Western Cuisine
- Equipped in the latest and updated culinary techniques
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others through example
- Precise, meticulous and detail-oriented
- Passion for food and wine
- Knowledge of contemporary and fine dining trends
- Knowledge of food trends
- Prior experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Minimum of 4-5 Years in managing culinary operations
- Knowledge of volume production, ability to maintain the highest standards
- Committed to training and quality assurance
- Able to control food cost and all related expenses
- Able to do short and long term planning, good time management skills
- Entrepreneurial minded, results oriented, bottom line focused
- Customer focused
- Able to set and maintain high standards in terms of food presentation and preparation
- Knows local market trends
- Planning and executing of promotions and activities
- Able to communicate well with all levels of society
- Able to apply hygiene & sanitation standards
- Able to set up measurement controls related to quality, preparation and presentation for consistent delivery