Head of Compliance
The Head of Compliance is responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s compliance policies and processes. He/She drives monitoring and assurance activities to prevent cases of fraud, misconduct and/or compliance breaches. He oversees the implementation and maintenance of compliance initiatives, while providing guidance and advisory on compliance matters to the organization.
The Head of Compliance has excellent knowledge of compliance regulations and knowledge of Singapore regulations. He is collaborative and able to engage with both internal and external stakeholders at a strategic level. He is innovative, diligent and possesses strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate would need to:
- Develop, manage and maintain policies, frameworks and procedures based on findings from audits, risk assessment evaluation and regulatory requirement to ensure organizational compliance
- Identify and interpret the impact of changing regulatory environment on the organization’s risk exposure and propose responsive actions
- Evaluate audits and compliance review findings and implement corrective actions to address breaches
- Conduct reviews on the adequacy and relevance of risk management and compliance strategies, policies and frameworks, and oversee enhancements to address control deficiencies.
- Lead investigations into compliance breaches
- Report outcomes of compliance monitoring, testing, organizational compliance status and compliance investigations.
- Oversee alignment of organization’s people and processes to compliance policies
- Identify and implement strategies to advocate for organizational compliance training and awareness efforts
- Represent the organization in compliance matters to regulatory bodies
- Provide advice and guidance on compliance matters to senior management
- Minimally a Degree qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in compliance function at a managerial level and above
- Possesses excellent knowledge on audit & assurance, compliance, risk management and Singapore regulations
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
AXS Pte Ltd