Head of Compliance cum Regional Privacy Officer
This role consists of two distinct responsibilities:
1) As the Compliance Head/Manager, safeguard the company for non-compliance with AML/CTF and Sanctions laws and (internal) regulations and protect the company from being used for unlawful activities.
2) Being the Regional Privacy Officer responsible for implementing PayU’s Global Privacy Program throughout the relevant countries, working closely together with the privacy champions in the functions.
This position requires the incumbent to stay abreast of all applicable regulatory and privacy regimes and other industry requirements that may have an impact on the company’s business in the region. This includes monitoring changes in payments industry compliance and regional privacy laws and implement best practices throughout the company in conjunction with the Global Head of Compliance and the Chief Privacy Officer of PayU.
The incumbent will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will be part of the global Compliance and Privacy teams respectively. The global Compliance team consists of compliance officers located in the other countries, who are tasked with mitigating the company’s regulatory & compliance risks and raising awareness of regulatory & compliance obligations. The global Privacy team comprises of regional privacy officers and privacy managers located in several continents along with a network of functional privacy champions who work towards and ensure a consistent implementation of PayU's global privacy program.
The role will, in particular, require the person to:
- Be the point of contact with the local regulatory & supervisory authorities with a focus on Southeast Asia jurisdictions and providing timely advice to the company on relevant changes in the compliance and regulatory environment in these countries.
- Obtain, maintain and renew relevant regulatory licences for all applicable jurisdictions, including the preparation and submission of all required documentation. These jurisdictions include Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Australia, China and Japan.
- Manage, maintain and integrate all compliance policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- financial crimes and payment compliance, including sanctions, anti-money laundering, combating the financing of terrorism and etc.
- Know-Your-Client and Customer Due Diligence
- Anti-corruption and anti-bribery
- Regulatory reporting
- Business Contingency Planning
- Serve as the regional privacy coordinator and implement PayU’s global privacy program by for instance:
- Implement privacy policies
- Maintain data privacy registers
- Conduct privacy assessments and reviews of new and existing products and services in conjunction with other team members
- Advise on privacy and data protection incident notification and customer remediation as required on a regional basis
- Provide responses to requests from data subjects
- Work closely with senior management, the global Compliance and Privacy teams and relevant stakeholders on business proposals and advise accordingly on regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions.
- Foster a strong compliance and privacy culture within the company by conducting regular training and raising compliance awareness and standards of all employees.
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related discipline and ICA certification (IBF Accredited Programs)
- Minimum 8-10 years’ of relevant experience in compliance in the Payments, Fintech or Financial Services industry
- Strong knowledge of applicable privacy and data protection legislation in the relevant countries for this role
- Strong knowledge of supervision laws applicable to payment service providers in the applicable jurisdictions, around AML, sanctions, anti-bribery and anti-corruption etc., is highly advantageous
- CIPP/E or CIPP/A certification or equivalent is a strong plus
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proactive with a high degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills and an ability to demonstrate sound risk and business judgment
- Analytical skills and consistent attention to details / accuracy
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional international teams
Red Dot Payment Pte. Ltd.