Head, Food Manufacturing
You will be responsible for the supply chain organization for production from the Country Foods facilities. The job involves managing plant operations on a day-to-day basis. Providing leadership, guidance, and direction to carry out business and manufacturing goals regarding compliance and personnel. This role seeks a person that is able to transform and grow the food manufacturing business to the next stage for Country Foods including within the exciting alternative protein space.
- Manage efficient operations through effective production planning, team member scheduling, maximizing equipment up-time, and monitoring of key performance metrics.
- Responsible for costs including direct, variable, working capital, etc. Controls value of operational inventories, inventory accuracy, and information planning system.
- Meet or exceed quality levels for products produced at Country Foods in accordance with cost, and service standards.
- Participates in execution and maintaining Quality System audits including ISO and QSR customer standards in order to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Responsible for maintain a system of assurance quality to ensure product consistency and adherence to product specifications.
- Ensure Halal certification and adherence is maintained at a high standard on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in facility planning, capital projects, modernization, etc.
- Responsible for introduction of new products into the manufacturing environment with understanding of critical control points, standards of acceptance, and methods of analysis including regulatory certification as appropriate.
- Demonstrates leadership in areas of safety as well as to establishes, observes, and enforces safety rules & practices.
- Encourages safe work behaviors and promptly corrects unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviors that may lead to accidents.
- Develops and promotes an effective working relationship with other departments; helps establish efficient and proactive communication links to internal and external customers.
- Promotes a performance-based workforce and conducts annual performance appraisals with appropriate personnel based on job description requirements and prior negotiated goals.
- Implement system of continuous improvement adopting Lean strategies and recommend new production techniques, processes, workflow improvement as well as systems to improve production quality, safety and efficiency
- Perform time and motion studies where appropriate to engineer out waste from processes.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline with minimum 10 years of measurable production accomplishments, which includes experience in planning, organizing, leading and driving manufacturing teams.
- Hands-on floor operations experience in a highly technical and high quality foods operations required.
- Good understanding of logistics and related computerized systems, including ERP, mrp, etc.
- Good business acumen with strong bottom line orientation.
- Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills to develop practical approach to goals that emphasize teamwork and participation as well as to attract, develop, and retain key contributors.
- Good understanding of safety quality and productivity that go hand-in-hand and are not separate entities on the production floor.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong background in quantitative and critical thinking, and data analysis
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within the team.
Country Foods Pte Ltd