Head Chef (European Wine-themed Restaurant)
• Ensure that the standard recipes are followed in the outlet
• Maintains a high standards of food production
• Responsible for hygiene and sanitation of respective outlet
• Responsible for administrative handling of respective outlet
• Checks food preparation, quality and quantity
• Informs chefs about complaints and improvements to be made
• Filling out attendance record, preparing work schedule and vacation planning for kitchen chefs
• Checks personal cleanliness of chefs and kitchen
• Managing ERP related tasks and responsibilities as required in the role
• Ensure that chefs have necessary culinary certifications.
• Safeguards and handles all restaurant property as per set standards of the restaurant.
• Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customers
• Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
• Ensure all operational activities adhere to relevant legislations, health and safety regulations and licensing conditions
• Supervises and checks portion sizes, stations, fridges and perishables.
• Checks spoilage and return of usable items
• Oversees the overall operational activities of the kitchen
• Carry out any other culinary duties as per reporting manager and Executive Chef.
• Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Food & Beverage Services Management or equivalent.
• At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Preferably Managers specializing in Food/Beverage/Restaurant Service or equivalent.
• Prior experience in the Food & Beverage industry, specialized in European Cuisine is advantageous
• Motivational skills
• Leadership and management skills
• Creative in food preparation, presentation
• Customer focused
• Knows local market trends
• Able to communicate well with all levels of society
• Able to apply hygiene & sanitation standards
• Able to set up measurement controls related to quality, preparation and presentation for consistent delivery
Wine Connection Cooks / Commis Cooks