Hardware Engineer / Senior
EDMI Limited | Date Posted: 17-Nov-2018
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Be part of the hardware design and development team, bringing design from concept to production for wireless RF and cellular communications products that are cost effective and high-quality solutions.
- Responsible in the hardware designing and developing of communications systems, conducting validations, characterizations, type approval tests and collaborating cross functionally with other development teams to bring the product from concept to production.
- Generate schematic design, design documentations, review PCB board’s layout for DFM, DFT, EMC compliant etc, responsible for design release, perform lab measurements, design verifications and characterizations to ensure the product meets all requirements.
- To own the design status, project progress and issue resolution through close collaboration and communicating with management and all stakeholders.
- To take ownership to solve issues and drive completion of project to schedule, collaboratively working with partners, suppliers, vendors and manufacturers.
- Generate test plans and supporting test jig team to design test jigs for production testing.
- To plan independently and schedule your work to meet goals and deliverables.
- To provide mentoring and guidance to hardware engineers.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related technical disciplines.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in integrated electrical circuits systems design like RF and Cellular modems, Bluetooth devices or cell phone etc.
- Good knowledge and technical understanding of digital, analog and RF circuit design.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge and a keen interest in Communications technology.
- Good knowledge and technical understanding of product type approvals like EMC, EMI, Environmental, Safety etc.
- Hand-on experience in measuring and characterizing hardware design for product specifications.
- Board design experience with Altium Designer CAD tool.
- Good oral and written communications skills, with the ability to draft design proposals and communicate product architectures.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills, the ability to make autonomous decisions when necessary, willing to take on a variety of projects, ability to interact and build relationships with other functions.