Hadoop Administrator - IT Consulting
- Work within a well established IT Consulting firm
- Attractive rewards
Our client is a well established IT Consulting & Resourcing firm with a strong focus on digital transformation. They are well known across Asia Pacificfor their specialist SAP Consultants and Digital Transformation experts.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure
- Strong experience on Linux OS administration (Redhat) and VMWare virtual machine administration
- Working with data delivery teams to set up new Hadoop users.
- Screen and monitor Hadoop cluster job performances, security and capacity planning, manage and review Hadoop log files, manage file system
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application, and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Collaborating with application teams to perform Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required
- Work with Vendor support teams on support tasks
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks
- You possess a Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- You have at least 4 years experience, ideally within a System Administrator role.
- You have experience in OS and VM administration and at least 2 years experience in Hadoop or Big Data Cluster administration
- You are a strong team player who can manage multiple stakeholders
- Prior experience in Cloudera is highly desirable
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with numerical data
- You are adaptable and thrive in changing environments
Snaphunt Pte Ltd