Guest Service Agent - Front Office (Japanese Speaking)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 21-Jun-2018
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Prepare workstation at the start of shift and ensure all equipment and required work materials are in order.
- Handle room registration of arriving guests in accordance to the Service Quality Review standards to achieve optimal customer satisfaction.
- Handle guests requests and redirect the request to the appropriate department(s) if request is not within scope and capacity of Front Office ensuring guests’ requests are followed through.
- Handle guest requests made through incoming calls and perform follow-up with the Command Centre.
- Handle room check out including regular checkout, express checkout and video checkout.
- Handle cashiering activities including paid-outs, foreign currency exchange, and encashment of travelers’ cheques.
- Promote the different categories of guest rooms and MBS operated F&B outlets and offerings.
- Familiarize with the local community and stay updated with major events in town to provide appropriate recommendations to guests to enhance their stay in MBS and Singapore.
- Maintain close liaison with all other departments to have a good understanding the operational flow to ensure seamless guest experiences.
- Monitor activities in the hotel lobby and report any suspicious characters, items or/and activities to the Front Desk Manager.
- Perform administrative duties including reports compilation and generation, updating of the system.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by Management.
Additional tasks to Front Office
- Attend to guests upon their arrival at the entrances before the security checks handling their inquiries and responding to their needs
- Manage the queue at the entrance by directing the guests to the different designated queues and engaging/ interacting with the guests during the wait to enhance the guest experience at the Casino entrance
- Monitor activities at the Casino Entrance and report any suspicious characters, items or/and activities to Security
- Handle guests’ complaints and feedback and escalate to higher management if necessary
- Provide assistance to guests at the levy kiosks
Education & Certification
- Minimum GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ Levels.
- Qualifications in Hospitality Management from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of experience in the same capacity or any other hospitality related capacity
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Good command in spoken and written English is essential and any additional languages is an added advantage.
- PC Literacy and good typing skills.
- Good team player, ability to work with minimal supervision and meticulous
- Have impeccable follow-through; and “Can Do” attitude and mindset.
- Be willing to work any day and any shift
- Well-groomed and professional disposition.
- Willingness to work on rotating shifts, weekends and public holiday