Group Facilities Management (FM) - Mechanical Trade Team Lead
Basic purpose of the position*
The incumbent is responsible for leading Mechanical Trade Site Team and supporting the Site Lead, Group FM in the management of specialist vendors and maintenance agent to create and sustain a safe and healing hospital environment for patients, staff and general public.
Strong culture of staff and leadership accountability
- To work closely with Head, Group FM and Site Lead, Group FM in building clear accountability, expectations and deliverables for the Site Mechanical Trade team.
- To take responsibility for good contract management wrt Mechanical systems with clear end-to-end expectations on contract management. which include the Pre-signing responsibilities of the Contract Owners, and the post-signing responsibilities which broadly covers Contract Monitoring (e.g. Service level monitoring), Escalation of Contract Errors, Non-Compliances, Claims and Disputes, Legal Disputes, Contract Review (e.g. Supplier performance assessment, Exercising of option years etc.) and Retention. These will be part of the annual total performance management (TPM) review.
- Ensure mechanical team members are aware of their accountability for service performance or lapses.
- Lead the Mechanical Trade Site Team in facilities operations such as system breakdown investigations, inspections, audits, review of maintenance program, etc.
- To oversee and guide the specialist vendors and maintenance agent to meet their KPIs to ensure consistent performance.
Contract drafting, evaluation, negotiation, and execution
- To work with Contract Management Team oversee and monitor the performance of specialist vendors wrt the awarded contracts e.g. Pneumatic Tube System, Fire Protection System, etc.
- Be familiar and ensure compliance with NUHS Contract Management Policy and Processes, NUHS Procurement Policy and Audit Compliance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff.
Maintaining contractual & authorities records as well as communication to stakeholders
- To work with FM Admin team in keeping proper records of all contract documents (agreement, checklist, etc) to ensure full compliance and to mitigates risk by serving as an audit trail and evidence that is easily accessible.
- To respond and provide necessary documentations to Authorities when required and as necessary.
Developing and implementing procedures, policies and checklists
- To develop and harmonise trade related SOPs and working instructions with the cluster institutions so to align with SSCP and/or industry best practices, that forms a baseline for accountability and protect against legal, regulatory, and liability issues.
- To review and update Policies, SOPs and working instructions on a regular basis to ensure relevancy and effectiveness in FM operations.
Manage Vendors’ Performance
- Meeting contractual requirement / KPI
- Verification of performance reports & payment arrangement
- Contact Management Checklist
- To work closely with Site Lead, Group FM and Contract Management Team in monitoring vendors’ performance and accounting of key performance indicators (KPIs) as per contract awarded.
- Verification of performance report, KPIs and invoice
- To ensure awarded contracts are executed accordingly, and all KPIs and invoices are verified on a monthly basis before payment invoices are endorsed and approved for processing.
- To ensure repair to reported system fault and breakdown are carried out in a timely manner.
- To carry out monthly analysis to Mechanical systems breakdown and recommend improvement plan as needed.
- To conduct systematic audit to assess vendor’s overall performance based on planned preventive maintenance schedule.
- Projects (Capex /MOH RR/ Infrastructur al)
- Critical System failure
- Work with Contract Management Team, Legal, Finance and MMD to ensure adherence to broader finance and procurement risk requirements such as contract deviations, payment policy and process, pricing, KPI, liquidated damage interest, etc when Mechanical system’s contract is to be renewed or procured for.
- Learning from past MOHH GIA and relevant Audit findings to manage the specialist vendors for their performance and documentation requirements.
- To provide institution knowledge and Mechanical Trade support (commissioning, review of system design, modifications and interfaces with existing system, etc) proposed in hospital infrastructural projects.
- To plan and oversee Mechanical system upgrades/improvements or replacements before their expiration or its end of life.
- To participate and support in audits that the hospital subscribes to.
- To respond and support the maintenance agent and vendors in mitigating and recovery of critical system failure or incident
- To lead the investigation of incident/system failure to determine root cause of failure as needed.
- Maintain good documentation (e.g. records of all contracts, records, reports, documentation) with the FM Admin Team.
- To work with Head, Group FM and Site Lead, Group FM to plan for specialty training and develop the capabilities of Mechanical Trade Team members.
- To participate in Learning from the BEST trips/sessions organised by Group FM and perform sharing of experience and know how as needed.
- Min Degree in any field from a recognized university
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Facilities, Operations
- Project management experience in setting up medical specialist centre will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and readiness in a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent leadership, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive with a “can do” attitude
If you are interested in any of the positions, do kindly drop your most updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (Attn: FM Lead - Leon)
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd