GLOBAL FACILITIES SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
Req. ID: 120757
FAC - GLOBAL FACILITIES SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
As an Corporate Facilities Data Scientist in the Facilities Central Group, you will do the following:
- Work shoulder-to-shoulder in a world-class IT team of data engineers, business intelligence experts, and software engineers to discover data insights that were unobservable in traditional BI solutions.
- Draw from a broad background of data-mining techniques in mathematics, statistics, information technology, machine learning, data engineering, design of experiments, visualization, and text mining to discover insightful patterns in data.
- Take on exciting projects from all business areas at Micron, working across enterprise business processes to bring data science methods to opportunities in sales, supply chain, IT, finance, marketing, and other business areas.
- Deliver polished presentations of analyses to senior Micron leaders to inform Micron business strategy, streamline operations, and execute to revenue goals.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Align to, Understand, and Prioritize Analytic Goals to Address Business Opportunities and Value
- Maintain an intimate understanding of company and department strategy
- Understand the business objectives in order to develop or establish success criteria metrics
- Translate business problems into one or more data science projects/solutions
Lead Efforts to Identify Signals in Data that Address Use Cases
- Understand business processes (data sources and meaning)
- Manage and optimize data discovery and cleansing
- Understand and collect relevant data
- Identify new data sources in the network that will create new insights to business needs
- Explore relevant data through visualization and statistical methods
Collect, Organize, and Prepare Data for Analysis
- Work with various volumes of data from multiple disparate sources and perform data analysis and mining to generate solutions to business problems
- Ensure processes taken to maintain data integrity
- Understand available data and what data is relevant
- Collaborate with data architects (IS engineers, BI engineers, DBAs, etc.) to ensure that data needed is available
- Develop and automate ETL jobs for various volumes of data
Uncover Patterns in Data, Develop Models, and Evaluate Validity of Solutions
- Develop expertise in data mining and analytic methods
- Determine statistical validity and significance (pick out signals from noise)
- Identify and apply appropriate analytical models
- Evaluate results using statistical methods and improve the model where appropriate
- Develop predictive models
Deploy Data Science Models into Business Processes
- Present findings and deliver recommendations using effective presentation and data visualization techniques
- Collaborate with software engineers to deploy data science solutions into production applications
- Ensure that the models are easy to support and maintain
- Regularly review deployed models and monitor for continual improvement
- Validate that the business value has been met
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Statistics or equivalent is required
- Doctorate Degree or equivalent experience in Data Science, Engineering, Statistics or Computer Science is desired
- 5 years’ experience in Data Analysis
- 3-5 years’ experience in Semiconductor
Location: 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || FTEM || Engineering || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Semiconductor, Facilities, Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Operations, Science
Micron Semiconductor Asia