Reporting to the Assistant Finance Manager, this role is to manage the end to end financial closing process and be responsible to for good quality information and solid efficient processes to ensure an appropriate level of operational control and compliance.
- Support the full end to end closing of the management books of the assigned UWCSEA entities (i.e College or Foundation) and ensure all supporting month-end schedules and balance sheet reconciliation are prepared
- Preparation of month-end reporting package in line with reporting requirements and timing
- Work with AP and AR team to perform full month-end closing; ensure month-end close process is complete within timeline and checklist validated by Finance Manager, gradually through process improvement seek to shorten the monthly close process
- Support the Finance Manager on all tax compliance submission (GST, Withholding Tax etc) assigned
- In-charge of the UWCSEA entities surveys (UWCI, Governments )
- In-charge of the College CoC reporting and submission
- Point of Contact to manage the annual audits for the UWCSEA entities under your care
- Support the approval of vendor in CRM
- Support the enhancement of the accounting system focusing on reporting
- Ad hoc activities and projects assigned that align to Finance Strategy
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent. Preferably a CPA or working towards obtaining it
- At least 2 years in audit and 2 years in a commercial finance and accounting environment
- Knowledge in internal control and risks and controls will be advantageous
- Knowledge of SAGE Finance systems will be a plus
- Good excel skills and familiarity with financial reporting tools
- Motivated self-starter, curious, resourceful and independent; keen to learn with the ability to collaborate with management and functional departments
- Good verbal and written skills to be able to communicate with the Community
- Well-organized and capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Strong business integrity and holds sensitive information in confidence
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia