General Manager - Waku Ghin
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 5-Mar-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- This position will be accountable for planning, coordinating and managing staff and services to ensure efficient and effective F&B operations and that customer service standards are maintained at all times.
- This role will encompass the formulation and implementation of operating procedures and standards, the management and development of team members, and liaise with executive management to ensure that Marina Bay Sands’ short and long term goals are met.
- Work with team members to increase productivity and efficiency. Review operating results with the team and identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Accountable for planning, coordinating and managing staff and services to ensure efficient and effective F&B operations and that customer service standards are maintained at all times
- Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness of the restaurant environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order
- Ensure pre-shift meetings with staff are carried out and review all information pertinent to the day's business
- Financially responsible to meet annual and monthly budget
- Supervise, mentor, train, schedule and evaluate staff. Prepare and deliver all staff reviews
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and staff satisfaction
- Review operating results with the team and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Ensure all cashiering procedures are processed in compliance with accounting standards.
- Monitor and minimize wastage of consumables and maintain labor productivity ratios
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle extended waiting lines.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff or captains to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest comments, requests and complaints in a timely and professional manner. Take personal responsibility to resolve issues.
- Knowledgeable on wine including sake/shochu
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Maintains guest profiles on a daily basis and takes appropriate actions as necessary.
- Complies and ensures Marina Bay Sands (LVS Corp) hygiene policies are strictly adhered to on a daily basis.
- Closely work with Executive Chef and culinary team
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience in an integrated resort, restaurant group, private club or luxury hotel chain.
- Have worked in Michelin star restaurants
- Possess a comprehensive set of F&B service and operations skills and a focus on VIP customer service.
- Enjoys problem solving and can think outside-the-box in difficult situations.
- Team oriented approach to management with a mindset of open communications.
- Capable of building and managing relationships with multiple departments as well as key customers.
- Administration knowledge of F&B operations and Quality management, proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.