Gameplay Programmer (Player experience)
- Join a global brand in the Video Game Industry
- Excellent opportunity to be an avid gamer who cares about the player experience
Our client is a leading game development firm in Asia Pacific and is part of a global video game company. The Singapore branch has been here for more than a decade with a multicultural team of over 30 different nationalities.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands. You will be entrusted with coding the interactive systems that make the game.
You will be a dependable member of a cohesive team consisting of AI, UI and 3Cs specialists, and you will bring to life the vision of the game and mission designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coding new and existing systems to meet the intent of the game’s design and keeping them coherent with existing code.
- Developing gameplay tools for large content teams
- Understanding existing functions, and suggesting and developing improvements.
- Collaborating with designers and animators on environments.
- Resolving gameplay bugs.
- Documenting your work.
- You possess a Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering and have at least 3 years of experience in C++ and optimizing code.
- You also have experience in Gameplay, AI, and Design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviours etc.)
- You have worked as part of a team that has shipped video game as an asset.
- Experience developing on video-game consoles is a must.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and you can efficiently communicate with all disciplines to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game.
- You are creative and always thirsty for innovation.
Our client is a leading game development firm in Asia Pacific and is part of a global video game company. The Singapore branch has been here for more than a decade with a multicultural team of over 30 different
Snaphunt Pte Ltd