FVP, Strategic / Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Data Management Office (DMO) is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Big Data Analytics Group (BDAG) leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities across the organization. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams to help the organization progress towards a self-service data discovery culture
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
- Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management through use of data, analytics and also in deployment of data analytics capabilities
- Manage and lead delivery of analytical solutions including analytical deep-dives and dashboards to help businesses leverage their internal data assets for strategic decision making
- Drive data analytics transformation in key business units in collaboration with IT partners
- Identify and assess business strategies and opportunities; develop appropriate analytical approaches
- Collaborate with business units and senior management to conduct needs assessment to support organization strategies, tactics, and learning solutions that support business unit objectives
- University Degree, preferably in analytical, mathematic, computer science discipline (e.g. Finance, Statistics, Commerce, Accounting, or a related discipline).
- At least 10 years working experience in Portfolio Analytics or Business Intelligence or related consulting functions
- Knowledge of SQL, data warehousing, data mart, big data ecosystems and data modelling a strong plus
- Experience with business processes, data management, data flows, data relationships, data quality standards and processes, and proficiency with data analytics tools – i.e Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc
- Experience working in Banking (Wholesales or Equity)/Financial Services or related sectors a plus
- Experience in preparation of use cases, business requirements documents (BRD), system requirements specification (SRS) documents and other functional documents.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Significant experience in presenting at team meetings and in front of large groups
- Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)