First VP, Feature Manager, Digital Bank
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you get bored when not challenged at work? Would you want to re-imagine how financial institutions should be interacting with customers? If your answer is ‘Hell Ya!’ to all three questions, we may just have a role for you.
We are looking for an individual to join the UOB Mobile & Digital team as a Feature Manager. You will be part of a team working with the Product Owners and Development team to determine and maintain UOB’s entire product roadmap for its digital retail platform. This is a critical part of the equation as the Digital team moves towards an ‘Agile at Scale’ delivery model and you will need to balance and prioritise ongoing work against new requests across the region for your assigned platform.
This is a challenging role and requires you to be able to maintain order amidst the ‘organised chaos’ that comes with any teams doing large scale innovation. You should be process and detail oriented, while having the ability to look at our digital roadmap across the board, and determine where and what we focus on next. Opportunities like this rarely come by and we are looking for the best talent out there.
So if you love to think out of the box and constantly believe there is a better way of doing things, you may just have found a team to meet your ambitions.
Roadmap and Feature planning
- Work with regional/country stakeholders and digital product owners to determine what the next set of features are to be planned and delivered.
- Support the Head of Feature Management in running regular feature planning meetings where the progress and scope of work across all countries and digital platforms are presented and prioirtised.
- Assess both competition and new digital advances in the region and ensure that our digital capabilities are always ahead and at the forefront.
- Maintain a transversal view against different verticals of work to drive synergies across programs with the aim to produce greater benefits to business.
Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Provide and maintain an in-depth view on customer journey map to create a clear, cross-functional understanding of what happens to customers across the organization and encourage consideration of a consistent roadmap by bringing teams together with a shared vision.
- Lead the processd discussion by which features and changes can be prioritized and planned for across all UOB digital retail platforms.
- Able to conceptualise and come up with various angles of tackling issues and problems, recommend a way forward, and proactively implement the agreed solution.
- Be part of a business team with a full understanding on the business needs, drivers for change, current pain points, vision, internal and external factors. Assess data driven insights to assess implementation and enhancements priorities across programs & countries.
- Facilitate design thinking workshops to flush out problem statements and possible solutions, which may or may not result in system related initiatives.
- At least 5 years of product or program management experience in a financial institution, ecommerce or online environment, with at least 8 years of working experience.
- Strong process and program management abilities with previous experience in managing large scale programs of work.
- Excellent communications skills and able to work across both business and technology partners.
- Motivated, able to work independently, proactively and efficiently in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Excited and passionate about the digital space and its ability to change significantly change the way we live.
- Experience with working in a regional organisational structure and maintaining that fine balance of leadership and support for the countries.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)