Functional Business Analyst - Retail Data
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
Requirements Analysis & Elicitation
o Collaborate with BU Specialists to elicit and review business requirements
o Analyse and document the 'to be' business and operations processes based on the agreed requirements and / or function points, perform impact assessment
o Responsible to analyse and define detailed functional and non-functional requirements based on business requirements
o Monitor and manage risks /issues related to requirements and scope creep
o Write business functional release notes and contribute to deployment plan
o Transition functional and non-functional requirements to System Analysts, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements
o Work with Test Manager to translate business requirements into test scenarios
o Facilitate / provide 'Train the Trainer' on application enhancements
o Maintain up to date knowledge base related to application features and processes (subject matter expertise)
Testing & Scope Management
o Clarify test findings escalated by Test Manager and classify the findings accordingly (either as a defect or change request)
o Perform impact assessment and estimation for Project Change Request
Technical Skills & Experience
• Strong business domain knowledge in banking
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ business/ finance or equivalent
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into solutions that meet business objectives
• Understanding of technology and operational processes across functions / departments in the bank/market.
• Resourceful team player
• Familiar with change management processes and project management fundamentals
• Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding communications, influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
• Passionate, diligent and resilient individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
• Experience in scoping and evaluation – Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
• Minimum 10 years of relevant banking and/or consulting experience
• More than 5 years experience in functional analysis of two or more of the following - data, analytics/advanced analytics, visualization/dashboard and cross-channel customer engagement projects.
• Hands-on experience with data management and storage, data science tools, event streaming platforms and customer experience management solutions (E.g. Hadoop, SAS, R, Python, Kafka, Spark, Adobe)
• Experience working on projects that are impacted by GDPR (Europe), PDPA (Singapore) or similar data privacy regulations and policies
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)