Front Office Manager (Chief Curator)
Newfort Hospitality Management| Date Posted: 16-Aug-2019
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Ensuring guests have an authentic and seamless arrival, departure and hotel experience and inspires them to engage in their own personal sense of luxury and style and curators focus more on guest engagement.
- Directing, managing and maintaining the following operational standards: Courtesy in handling guests, efficiency on check in/check out and other services offered by Curators.
- Ensuring accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated to maximize property revenue.
- Planning adequate daily staffing & appropriate working schedules.
- Alerting Senior Management of possible challenge related to unpleasant experience from guests that they’re encountering during their stays.
- Working closely with Sales and Reservations Team to maximize the room occupancy and revenue by driving seasonal selling packages or occasional promotions.
- Supporting and coordinating the activities of other departments such as Housekeeping, Reservations, Sales & Marketing and HR & Finance.
- Familiarizing with hotel's strategy and market segment; and current and future room situation, both in room availability and future reservations.
- Overseeing the manpower and operation for breakfast operations such as staffing, stocks inventory and services.
- Conducting training of curators according to established procedures and system; and staff performance appraisal
- Recruiting and Hiring new team members
- Hosting department meetings to discuss issues, future plans, new information and assignments.
- Maximizing curators’ productivity through multi skills, training & development.
- Conducting counselling to curators who are facing difficulties at work, for example, lacking of skills, mistakes, conflicts, etc.
- Overseeing the implementation of necessary administrative duties such as payroll, checklist, standards of procedures (SOPs), etc. for front office team.
- Constantly reviewing, assessing, improving SOPs and service standards.
- Continue to grow with the current development of hospitality industry relating to new updates of tourism impacts and advanced technology and hotel management skills.
- Continue to enhance and ensure Curators focusing on customer oriented, communication skills, acumen and knowledge to fulfil and maximize the guest’s engagement; and to provide duly training to new team members and to collaborate with other departments to achieve the company’s goals successfully and effectively.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent.
- At least 6 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably 2- year experience in managerial roles in a front office department, reservation, or service apartment/hotel-related role.
- Required Skill(s): Coaching & Training Skills, Customer Service, Decision Making Skills, Managerial Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Excellent Communication (Speaking & Writing Skills)
- Knowledge of Reservations, Revenue, Budget & Forecast, Basic Sales skills.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with PMS; preferably Oracle/Suite 8 property management system.
- Recruiting and Training new staff.
- Skills in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Newfort Hospitality Management