Front Office Host
Confidential| Date Posted: 22-Aug-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels
Arrival To hotel
- Co-ordinate with departments for transfer related issues and assist guests with transfers to and from the hotel if needed.
- Room the guest, explaining the different aspects of the guest room/ hotel services and facilities.
- Assist with delivery of guest luggage to the room.
- Coordinate guest requirements with other departments and follow up to ensure all queries are handled to maximum satisfaction.
- Ensure to obtain a credit facility / cash deposit / voucher from the guest(s) on arrival, if the guests(s) are not holding a voucher, which they supposed to have, communicated it with reservations team and follow-up before the clients' departure.
- Ensure check guest details are inputted into Opera system.
- Check all information on registration card and cross check with correspondence for accuracy if applicable.
- Meet with the guest at appropriate times to communicate daily events, schedules and requests.
- Making arrangements for resort operated activities, restaurants, tours and other experiences.
- Handling all job orders for defects in the room / suite.
- Ensure the guest bills are checked in advance before present and issue a provisional bill.
- Offer packing service for the guest.
- Ensure to consolidate guest histories and feed into the system.
- Monitor guest comments and follow up as necessary.
- Completed High School education is required.
- Previous experience in a service, work-related role is a plus.
- Very good command over written and spoken English.
- A second language is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Is self-motivated and can work independently.