Food Chemist (Food and Water Testing Experience)
SGS Testing & Control Services Singapore Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 26-Jun-2019
EA Licence No: 10C4942|EA Personal Registration No: R1221389
Bachelor's / Honours
- To perform analyses on Food/Water product samples according to International standards/Global SOPs
- To assist Senior Chemist to perform calibration and validation checks on the equipments used for testing
- Training of new lab analysts
Preparation & Testing
- Prepare samples and carry out photo taking of samples for testing (if required).
- Ensure tests are carried out to the requirements of test methods and quality policies of the laboratory.
- Ensure that tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform on-site sampling for water and food testing when required
- Prepare legible and accurate data for further review
- Perform method validation and measurement uncertainty for tests
- Perform calibration and maintenance for the equipments used for tests.
- Upkeep cleanliness of work areas, apparatus and equipments after use.
Result Reporting & Vendor (Sub-Contractor) Management
- Evaluate test results
- Deliver reports on test results to clients
- Manage workflow of jobs assigned to sub-contractors and monitor delivery of work in a timely and accurate manner
- To execute the job with strict observance to the SGS Code of Integrity and QHSE procedures.
- At all times, adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the Health and Safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management
- Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in Food Testing laboratory
- Communicate effectively in English, both written and oral
- Able to solve problems, trouble shoot test results and implement the necessary corrective actions
- Be a subject matter expert on the area of subject testing
- Provide QA and maintain equipment calibration for equipments and chemicals used for Water/Chemical tests.
- Strong attention to details
- Must be able to multi-task and work effectively in fast –paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively with sub-contractors to achieve objectives
- Able to interact well with the team
SGS Testing & Control Services Singapore Pte Ltd