The Technician overall responsible for prompt and efficient maintaining service apartment, the public area and back of the house concerning of technical support and assistance to the Chief Fixer. Technician must show concern of safety and security taken place in the building and environmental practice daily. To perform all duties and demonstrate behaviour as listed in the role to internal and external guests which includes the Oakwood’s Gold Standard Practices and the Departmental Core Practices.
- To have complete knowledge of technical skills and basic securities.
- Responsible for the smooth operations and overall performance of the building’s services by running shift duty.
- Monitors and/or carries out all necessary job tasks resulting in the replacement or repair of faulty equipment, lighting, appliances and gadgets to the best of his abilities
- Carries out daily checks and logs in Building M&E plant and equipment.
- Monitors the timely completion of assigned projects/job tasks.
- Implements regular inspections of all services, e.g. the fire alarm, protection systems and chiller system etc.
- Ensures Preventive Maintenance schedules and repair works are carried out accordingly.
- Ensures that the building standards in relation to safety and workshop practices are adhered to in the repair and retrofit of all electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/safety emergency evacuation, lift rescue etc.
- Provides emergency support to the building services when required.
- Assists Chief Fixer and Fire Safety Manager in carrying out annual fire safety procedural drills and evacuation exercises.
- Setting up of decoration or sound system for events
- Performs other duties assigned by the Management
- Under guidance of Chief Fixer assume to any other duties assigned from time to time
- Basic knowledge of VRV 4 System
- Troubleshooting Error code and repair when require.
- Run new wiring and cables for control remote and motor
- Observe and report any equipment, switch gears or wiring circuits which are not functioning properly and rectifying the same including MCB, (main circuit breaker) SSB (sub board) and ACB (air circuit breaker).
- Conduct 4 cycle per year for Aircon servicing inclusive of filter wash, topping up of gas, chemical wash for coil and maintain equipment.
Carpenter, Paint and Varnish
- Repair and paint all wooden furniture, related fittings throughout all guest rooms, stores, office, lobby, car park and public areas and all raiser & pump rooms.
- Repair and varnish all woodwork including tables, chairs, shelves, cupboards, etc.
- Construct cupboard, shelves and other furniture together with fittings as required by the management.
- Repair or change door stoppers, closers, cabinets, drawers, hooks, hinges, locks, etc.
- Varnish/paint all surfaces as required within the scope of the apartment.
- To fix hooks, locks, brackets, clotheslines, towel rack, T.V stands and doors.
Preventive Maintenance Programmes
- Daily coordinate with Housekeeping and Curators to receive the room unit for preventive maintenance work according to the preventive maintenance checklist.
- Daily perform one room unit check and repair accordingly, within 6 months compete first round entire 98 units.
- Per year will need to complete 2 rounds of preventive maintenance program
- Repair and maintain all mechanical equipment in good working order throughout the hotel.
- Repair and maintain all mechanical kitchen equipment, fresh air supply and exhaust fans, rubbish bins, trolleys, wheels and all mechanical fittings to good working order.
- Repair and maintain all locks, chains, steel chairs, tables, lockers, shelves and cabinets to good working order.
- Co-ordinate and report to Senior Engineer or Operation Manager on job assignment and keep him informed of movements to enable him to locate in case of emergency.
- To assist other department to perform jobs as directed by the Management.
Technical Store for Daily Issue and Replenishment
- No stocks are allowed to be taken out from the technical store without the consent of the Senior Engineer or Operation Manager.
- All store items taken from the store must be recorded and to be initialled by the receiver.
- The Engineer will have to write into a record book of these items issued and state areas/locations of where these items are used.
- The responsibility of the Engineer is to ensure that ample stocks are maintained in the store. Items that are below 50% of the stock should be replenished immediately.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the store.
Newfort Hospitality Management