First VP / VP, Project Finance, Group Investment Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
UOB Group Investment Banking provides the Bank's customers with a full range of investment banking products and services across the capital structure, including equity and debt capital markets, capital raising (equity and debt capital market placements), mergers & acquisitions, project, structured and asset finance structuring. UOB Group Investment Banking forms a critical component in the Bank's product offering that enables the right mix of capital requirements to support our clients' growth.
The Infrastructure and Project Finance team is an important segment within Group Investment Banking that structures and arranges mid-to-long term structured debt critical in funding of green or brownfield projects in various specialised industries within the Bank's home markets.
• Actively assist in the structuring, arranging, negotiating, syndicating (when required), documenting and closing of Project Finance mandates across industries;
• Prepare, analyse & review financial models, project risk analyses, quality pitches to clients, information memoranda and credit applications with a view to building up of a strong profile with clients, banks/financial institutions and other market stakeholders;
• Assist with deal screening and preparation of termsheets, mandate letters, and other transaction documentation
• Create, maintain, and run sensitivities on detailed financial models in MS Excel for deal screening, structuring and execution, including bespoke scenario analysis and running internal tools and models.
• Prepare and submit credit applications for specialised industry structured debt transactions and proactively assisting in the internal credit process;
• Assist with transaction documentation review and proactively contribute to project due diligence requirements;
• Manage relationships and workflow with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including clients, industry / sector bankers, relationship managers, other product partners, risk / credit, legal, tax, compliance and operations;
• Keep track of ongoing industry, market and product developments, including developments in financing structures and trends;
• Ensure strong compliance culture and discipline to follow through on internal policies and procedures
The job requires knowledge and judgement of transactional and structural risks including credit risks, country & cross-border risk, documentation risk, operational risk, performance risk and market risks.
Project Finance transactions can be complex and require a multi-disciplinary, problem solving approach. Candidates should have eye for detail and persistence in seeing through transactions to the finish.
• Minimum Bachelors Degree with at least 5 - 10 years' relevant experience
• Solid academic background with highly analytical with strong quantitative skills
• Strong financial modelling capabilities using Excel and VBA (e.g. macro development), aptitude for number crunching
• Strong risk / credit / common (business) sense acumen
• Able to persuasively defend transaction credit merits, engage in commercial discussions with clients and internal stakeholders
• Willingness to take up deal ownership and see through commercial opportunities through to closure
• Proactive, self-starter and able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Strong written communication and presentation skills in English (written and spoken)
• Fluency in other Asian languages highly desirable
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and diverse team of professionals
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)