First VP / VP, Group Wholesale Operations and Standardisation
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)| Date Posted: 6-Nov-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee the governance and management of the T&O function in Overseas Branches, including Group policy/ procedure, product, system and process rollout/ implementations and ensure that issues and risks are appropriately addressed, escalated and remediated, bringing to bear a wide range of wholesale banking products and process knowledge and experience to advise and guide the T&O function in branches.
- Conduct T&O peer reviews of the overseas branches with a focus on management and operational risks and adherence to regulations, bank policies, procedures and standard operating processes
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Operations Managers in overseas branches by connecting and working with relevant parties/ functions/ subject matter experts in Head Office to oversee the address of needs, issues and risks in the overseas branches
- Exercise oversight on the rollout of Group policies, procedures, products, projects/ system implementations, etc. to the overseas branches.
- Identify T&O process standardization opportunities, drive standardization initiatives in the overseas branches and oversee proper and consistent adoption and implementation
- Identify operational risks in key processes; establish group level risk indicators/ key control standards for monitoring risk management and minimize the Bank’s exposure to frauds and losses.
- Engage in the internal / external / regulatory audits of overseas branches and bring group management oversight on the T&O related audit findings, management responses and action plans to ensure proper acknowledgement and handling of the audit issues
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders including Branch and Group senior management in Business and GTO and influence all to deliver the outcomes
- Management reporting and update on overseas branches to senior management teams of Group Technology & Operations (GTO) and Group Strategic International Management (GSIM)
- A degree holder in a relevant discipline
- At least 15 years’ experience in wholesale banking operations or operational risk management in a senior position, with a good broad-based knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products, processes and risks.
- Previous experience in auditing, credit admin & control/ loan documentation or wholesale banking operational risk would be a distinct advantage
- Technology savvy and possess good understanding of information security, end-to-end processes, workflows design/ management and system functionalities.
- Possess leadership qualities and a high level of influencing and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with initiative and a strong drive to achieve quality work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel between 3 to 6 times a year to conduct country peer reviews (about a week each trip)
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)