First VP / VP, Group Wholesale Operations and Standardisation
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the governance and management of the T&O function in Overseas Branches, including Group policy/ procedure, product, system and process rollout/ implementations and ensure that issues and risks are appropriately addressed, escalated and remediated, bringing to bear a wide range of wholesale banking products and process knowledge and experience to advise and guide the T&O function in branches.
- Conduct T&O peer reviews of the overseas branches with a focus on management and operational risks and adherence to regulations, bank policies, procedures and standard operating processes
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Operations Managers in overseas branches by connecting and working with relevant parties/ functions/ subject matter experts in Head Office to oversee the address of needs, issues and risks in the overseas branches
- Exercise oversight on the rollout of Group policies, procedures, products, projects/ system implementations, etc. to the overseas branches.
- Identify T&O process standardization opportunities, drive standardization initiatives in the overseas branches and oversee proper and consistent adoption and implementation
- Identify operational risks in key processes; establish group level risk indicators/ key control standards for monitoring risk management and minimize the Bank’s exposure to frauds and losses.
- Engage in the internal / external / regulatory audits of overseas branches and bring group management oversight on the T&O related audit findings, management responses and action plans to ensure proper acknowledgement and handling of the audit issues
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders including Branch and Group senior management in Business and GTO and influence all to deliver the outcomes
- Management reporting and update on overseas branches to senior management teams of Group Technology & Operations (GTO) and Group Strategic International Management (GSIM)
- A degree holder in a relevant discipline
- At least 15 years’ experience in wholesale banking operations or operational risk management in a senior position, with a good broad-based knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products, processes and risks.
- Previous experience in auditing, credit admin & control/ loan documentation or wholesale banking operational risk would be a distinct advantage
- Technology savvy and possess good understanding of information security, end-to-end processes, workflows design/ management and system functionalities.
- Possess leadership qualities and a high level of influencing and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with initiative and a strong drive to achieve quality work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel between 3 to 6 times a year to conduct country peer reviews (about a week each trip)
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)