First VP / VP, Corporate Finance, Group Investment Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
UOB Investment Banking provides the complete range of investment banking services which includes strategic advisory services, customized financial solutions and activities including mergers, acquisitions, corporate finance, leveraged finance, and debt and equity capital markets.Â With offices in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong and Australia, Investment Banking works closely with other partners within the Group to provide holistic investment banking solutions to meet the diverse and cross-border needs of our clients as they expand in the region.
The Corporate Finance team works seamlessly with other parts of UOB Investment Banking product teams (M&A, Leveraged Finance, DCM Loans, DCM Bonds, ECM, Infrastructure & Project Finance, and Securitization) to structure and execute optimal capital solutions for UOB clients. Working closely with senior professionals, you must have the ability to interpret numbers and identify trends and patterns. If you aspire to build your career in investment banking, we invite you to join us.
- Identify, originate and drive deal origination and win mandates across multiple IB products
- Contribute to all phases of transaction execution, from research, idea generation, pitch book preparation, analysis and modelling, transaction structuring through to execution, documentation and deal closing
- Conduct valuation analysis, trading comparable and precedent transaction analysis
- Conduct credit analysis and process for credit approvals
- Conduct and coordinate due diligence work streams with independent third parties
- Build detailed financial models for valuation and benchmark purposes as well as financial performance measurement
- Bachelor Degree from a recognized university
- Prior experience (6-9 years) in corporate finance or investment banking (debt / leveraged finance / structured credit background is particularly valued), with experience and ability to spearhead credit approval processes, and negotiate and close leveraged finance loan documentation
- Possesses high level of drive, initiative and deal follow-through, with ability to originate and lead deal execution, as well as to spot opportunities in IB deals origination
- Possess strong valuation/credit analysis skills and proficient in financial modeling
- Advanced proficiency with Bloomberg and Microsoft Office, particularly in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multitask and thrive under pressure and tight deadlines
- Meticulous, strong team player with an inquisitive mind, excellent people skills, driven, independent, reliable and highly adaptable to changes
- Possess strong communication skills in written and spoken English and an Asian language (e.g. Mandarin, Bahasa) for handling Asian markets
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)