First VP/VP, Centralised Ops / Group Finance & Corporate Functions Audit Division, Group Audit
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Audit function is an independent internal audit team that provides objective assurance and consulting to improve and add value to the Group’s operations. We help the Group achieve its strategic objectives by adopting a systematic and disciplined approach towards evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.Job Responsibilities
You will lead or participate in audits to assess the Bank's internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures.
You are required to demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (IFRS/GAAP) and financial control function, and have good understanding of Financial and Regulatory reporting, Basel III requirements and Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), and/or have in-depth understanding of trade and remittance Operations processes. You are also expected to continuously keep abreast of key regulatory requirements and expectations.
Traveling overseas (up to 25%) for job assignments is required for this position.Job Requirements
- Recognized university degree, with minimum 10 years of relevant audit experience in financial institutions from the banking industry
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA and CIA will be advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong communication skill and ability to work in multi-tasking environment
- Have good writing skills, especially drafting audit reports with clear and concise findings and recommendations.
- Good data analysis skill; ability to analyse business data utilizing automated tools would be an advantage.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)