First VP/VP, Business Solutions Specialist - Asset Management, BTOM
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Supports Biz T&O Head for project pipeline, pre-project planning activities, QR prioritization
- Supports effective business change by building relationships with business leaders, technology and operational business partners
- High Level Solutioning
- Develop high-level solution to illustrate feasibility of achieving target business outcomes
- Aligning high-level solution with organizational technology roadmap and strategy working in consultation with enterprise architecture and business technology services teams
- Work effectively with the business users and internal technology teams to ensure all aspects of the business requirement is defined and analysed
- Initiate the implementation plan for Group T&O projects. This will include all activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new operation process and technical components.
- Change Implementation Planning & Management
- Undertake scoping and evaluation of new initiatives. Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional and technical teams including business analysts, solution architect, business technology services teams, and testing teams to define/clarify requirements
- Work with business technology services team on the smooth delivery of the solution
- Review Test Strategy, help plan and support the user acceptance testing and help address any issues. Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the new operations and technical capabilities will be delivered to the business.
- Spot potential problems, recognize the risk impact and propose risk mitigation strategies.
- Managing RUN
- Manage the communication and regular updates to business stakeholders on ‘critical’ production incidents and problems impacting customer and business operations
- Lead the regular review with business on system stability, responsiveness, production incident, problem tickets including identification of root cause.
- Track for continuous improvement. Ensure early identification and resolution of challenges impacting BAU systems.
- Monitoring the fulfilment of service levels between GTO and the business segments and highlighting required actions to close gaps where needed
- Sustainable Improvements
- Build a sustainable process for measuring benefits to ensure T&O resources are aligned to business initiatives which provide the highest ROI.
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Strong business domain knowledge in asset management
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into solutions that meet business objectives
- Understanding of technology and operational processes across functions / departments in the bank/market.
- Resourceful team player
- Familiar with change management processes and project management fundamentals
- Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding communications, influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
- Passionate, diligent and resilient individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Experience in scoping and evaluation – Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree in technology/ business or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant banking and/or consulting experience
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)