First VP, Trade Operation Structured Trade & UniTrade
- The incumbent will be leading the Structured Trade Service Operation team /Special Handling Unit (Unitrade) supporting all Structured Trade Services & selected Commercial Banking & Corporate Banking special handling customer .
- Provide strong support to all business stakeholders in meeting their requirements for Trade Finance products .
- Perform detailed checks to ensure that trade documentation contain no discrepancies and follow up on timely settlement of Export LC.
- Establish good partnership with all business stake holders and regularly engage them in effective dialogue on the bank’s overall requirements relating to all Trade Finance products .
- Implement sound internal trade controls to meet both internal and external compliance standards and automate work processes as far as possible
- Ensure that all trade applications are in compliance with both the organisation's internal trade controls and external compliance standards and best practices.
- Escalate and highlight irregularities on internal trade controls and report any potential compliance breach or sanctioned related issues.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports on timely basis and with minimal supervision
- Be involved proactively in ad hoc projects, assignments and other trade-related duties
- Degree holder
- Sound knowledge of UCP, URDG, ISP, MAS/ ABS Guidelines
- Proficient in excel and possess ability to learn and adapt well to new operating systems
- Has prior trade finance related experience and some experience in leading a team
- Strong problem-solving skills with sound knowledge of trade finance operations and incoterms
- Meticulous and possess a keen eye for detail
- Able to communicate effectively to both internal and external parties and possess the right attitude in being a strong team player
- Basic accounting an Basic accounting and treasury knowledge is preferred but not a must
- Strong leadership and ability to work with all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong strategic planning and organizing skills.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)