First VP, Trade Operation Structured Trade & UniTrade
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- The incumbent will be leading the Structured Trade Service Operation team /Special Handling Unit (Unitrade) supporting all Structured Trade Services & selected Commercial Banking & Corporate Banking special handling customer .
- Provide strong support to all business stakeholders in meeting their requirements for Trade Finance products .
- Perform detailed checks to ensure that trade documentation contain no discrepancies and follow up on timely settlement of Export LC.
- Establish good partnership with all business stake holders and regularly engage them in effective dialogue on the bank’s overall requirements relating to all Trade Finance products .
- Implement sound internal trade controls to meet both internal and external compliance standards and automate work processes as far as possible
- Ensure that all trade applications are in compliance with both the organisation's internal trade controls and external compliance standards and best practices.
- Escalate and highlight irregularities on internal trade controls and report any potential compliance breach or sanctioned related issues.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports on timely basis and with minimal supervision
- Be involved proactively in ad hoc projects, assignments and other trade-related dutiesJob Requirements
- Degree holder
- Sound knowledge of UCP, URDG, ISP, MAS/ ABS Guidelines
- Proficient in excel and possess ability to learn and adapt well to new operating systems
- Has prior trade finance related experience and some experience in leading a team
- Strong problem-solving skills with sound knowledge of trade finance operations and incoterms
- Meticulous and possess a keen eye for detail
- Able to communicate effectively to both internal and external parties and possess the right attitude in being a strong team player
- Basic accounting an Basic accounting and treasury knowledge is preferred but not a must
- Strong leadership and ability to work with all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong strategic planning and organizing skills.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)