First VP, Telephony & Unified Communications Lead, Shared Infrastructure Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- To lead the IT Telephony, Unified Communications and other related services for UOB.
- Design, manage and be the primary point of contact for Corporate Telephony as well as Unified Communications at UOB contact Centers.
- Lead the technical requirements gathering, planning, procurement, commissioning, upgrades and maintenance as well as support for telephony and Unified Communications.
- Oversight on all levels of technical support to ensure prompt resolution of incidents.
- Provide Clear, timely and pertinent communication to management and service users.
- Develop and maintain systems to monitor and manage the telephony services and their components as required
- Provide direct leadership to the staff within Singapore as well as demonstrate ownership and guidance to the telephony and UC staff across all the UOB subsidiaries.
- Develop financial model that track Telephony and UC investments and operating costs.
- 15 or more years of work experience, preferably in IT management with extensive experience in Telephony and related technologies.
- Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Experience in designing strategic metrics and scorecards.
- Knowledge and Behavioural Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Empathy for and identification with the leaders and employees in the organization affected by changes in the telephony space.
- Demonstrated leadership. A proven track record of successfully leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions.
- Strategic technology planning experience. Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, as well as policy development and maintenance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. These skills will be used to explain concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists; and to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels, including the board and investors.
- Effective leadership skills. These include team building, consensus building, the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities and achieving goals through others not directly under the leader's supervision, by working ethically and with integrity.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)