VP, Senior System Analyst, Core Banking, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Reporting to head of Core Banking Development department, you will be the lead to the Core Banking Technology SME with responsibilities in providing development and technical functional design and solution, and acting as a liaison between the business users/Operations team and the technical development team.Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to the software development team
• Work closely with development lead and partnering vendors to ensure good designs, documentation and collaboration
• Produce high quality, well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance.
• Actively participate in software architecture meetings and provide architectural oversight for all projects
• Create, maintain, and enforce software development standards and procedures to consistently produce performant, sustainable applications
• Work with team members to prioritize individual tasks
• Perform design reviews and code reviews with team members
• Mentor, coach, and support team members
• Foster team members’ professional growth through regular feedback
• Drive continuous improvement in team structure and processes
• Investigate reported software issues as necessary
• Develop team and individual goals and objectives
• Create a culture characterized by its energy and goal achievementJob Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience.
More than 10 years of development experience, preferably in .NETS applications
Experience in managing vendor.
Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies
Experience in architectural design of web-based applications
Understanding of secure coding standards and best practices
Ability to effectively manage multiple teams and multiple projects
Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to work as a team member
Good command of English communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Preference with experience in developing wealth product system
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)