First VP, Senior Developer
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Plan technical deliverables (including any system enhancements and upgrades) to meet project’s requirements within allocated budget and schedule.
- Plan & collaborate across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of the solution
- Plan, monitor and manage risks/issues related to technical delivery
- Provide status update related to technical delivery to Project Manager (PM)
- Partner with System Analysts and Business Solution Specialist to collate, understand and finalize functional and technical requirements
- Partner with Architects and Development Lead to ensure solution design complies with enterprise design principles, security and control standards
- Partner with Development Manager in managing application teams to build the enhancements
- Partner with Test Manager to ensure completion of System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), performance / load testing and application security testing with quality results
- Manage technical implementation plan across application teams - coordinate technical implementation activities across application teams to ensure non-event production cutover and adequate post implementation support
- Escalate issues that impacts project schedule on timely basis and propose workarounds/resolutions
Technical Skills & Experience
- 14 or more years of IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Senior Director level seniority with proven track record as a Development Lead/Head for some Global Markets / Treasury area, team size of >15 FTE (perms & contractors)
- Good overall knowledge of global markets products, including the derivatives, and the business process flows
- Experience in managing vendors for project delivery
- Ability to engage and manage senior business managers up to MD level
- Likely to be someone who is working in or have worked in a global investment bank, and looking for an opportunity in a local bank
- Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types and appropriate management techniques
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right tim
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a political environment and to interacting with senior leadership
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, as this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish rapport and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or similar domain
- Related professional/technical qualification will be advantageous although not mandatory
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)