First VP, Risk Strategy, Group Risk Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.
- Define the scope, project charters, roadmaps, timelines, budget and resourcing to deliver risk and regulatory initiatives
- Communicate the project to the relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with Risk heads, engage key cross functional stakeholders (i.e. Business, Finance, Operations, Data Management Office, Information Technology, Compliance, Audit etc.) to ensure priorities are aligned and resources are mobilized.
- Implement project cadence and monitoring to ensure key issues are escalated for management attention and critical dependencies are well managed.
- Craft status report updates to board and senior management to provide progress status
Target Model Review
- Work with the appointed consultant develop and implement the project plan
- Regular communications on the project to staff
- Ensure that internal stakeholders provide relevant information requested by the consultants
- Validate the observations and work with the Leadership Team to formulate the responses to the recommendations
- Develop and project manage the book of work based on the recommendations from the review
- Lead the implementation of the BCBS239 requirements
- Develop the annual independent validation work plan in partnership with Data Management Office and Group Technology & Operations of the bank’s risk data aggregation capabilities and risk reporting practices of critical risk measures for Group reporting
- Perform the independent validation for Group Risk Management
- Craft status report updates to the Board and senior management to provide progress status of BCBS 239 compliance
- Respond promptly to regulator’s request for information on BCBS 239 compliance progress and documentation
Investments, Data and Continuous Improvement
- Coordinate and track the investments and data requirements for Group Risk Management with GTO-Demand Management and Data Management Office
- Promote and identify opportunities for continuous improvements including business process improvement and Robotic Process Automation
- A recognized tertiary education with at least 8 years of relevant experience in the banking / financial industry
- Experience with project management and continuous improvement programmes
- Strong excel, macros, and report presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, communications and influencing skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)