First VP, Project Manager, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
• Overall Project Management:
- Responsible and track the quality, scope, timeline, effort (co-related to estimation, CR’s, complexity), resources (includes GTO, business, contractor, Professional Services resources as well as operations),
- Develop and execute the overall project plan and analyse project proposals which impacts the schedule and budget variance which in turn contribute to meeting the overall objectives of the project.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks.
• Stakeholder Management: Work hand in hand with Business Project Managers to manage project stakeholders and relationships - e.g. escalation, expectation, conflict, scope changes, etc. Ensure teams work in a collaborative environment
• Scope Management: Manage all changes to the agreed scope of work Review and assess all changes and impact to timeline and ensure all changes are approved by PSC
• Project Governance: Prepare investment approval deck and manage approval of project by ITC/TPWC. Organize and facilitate PSC meetings, chair PWC meetings.
• Risk and Issue Management: Manage overall project risk, track risk aging, work through escalations, change governance and related issues. Implement the risk mitigation plans.
• Process Adherence: Partner with relevant stakeholders in ensuring that the system development methodology is followed and the relevant artefacts are delivered on time with quality, in adherence to the development methodology/approach
• Project Reporting: Measure, monitor and report progress to stakeholders at various levels of organization across the enterprise with the right quality, consistency in content. Implement project communication plan and review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required
• Three or more years of IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
• A minimum of two years of demonstrated competency in a junior or assistant project management role involving the execution of multiple projects or a large project
• Three or more years of BU or BU-facing experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
• Demonstrated experience in leading a team
• Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing 'soft skills' or 'people skills'
• Knowledge of project planning tools. Familiar with and able to apply project management methodologies (for example, PMI, Prince II and agile)
• Business Domain knowledge in at least one area (e.g. CRM)
• Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types and appropriate management techniques
• Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time
• Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a political environment and to interacting with senior leadership
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
• Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, as this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
• Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish rapport and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or similar domain
• Related professional/technical qualification will be advantageous although not mandatory
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)