First VP, Innovation & Decision Science, Group Audit
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Audit function is an independent internal audit team that provides objective assurance and consulting to improve and add value to the Group’s operations. We help the Group achieve its strategic objectives by adopting a systematic and disciplined approach towards evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Group Audit IDS team champions the innovation by improving the innovative capability of audit function. It facilitates the innovation and automation process to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency in terms of improved audit coverage, quality and business impact. It also leads and drives cross-functional programs and projects as well as driving decision science adoption. Besides, IDS team leverages data science by applying statistical approach and technology advancement to gain insights to enhance audit findings and recommendations.Job Responsibilities
Responsible for data analytics support for a large part of Group Audit to uplift the data analytic capabilities of the audit function and establish the infrastructure/ tools/ data to facilitate the innovative process for auditing. This requires:
- Partner with audit teams to identify the control weaknesses through analyzing large data files from various systems and understanding the business processes
- Understand GA’s strategy and audit analytics roadmap in order to determine innovative solutions to support its implementation and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain dashboards and data marts to facilitate continuous auditing and develop sustainable and re-usable algorithm and data analytics models/programs to improve the audit efficiency and coverage including automation
- Drive interdisciplinary approach to problem solving by supplementing data science with business perspective and participate in developing the data analytics and governance framework for GA including train audit staff on how to develop and execute audit analytics programs
- Bachelor’s degree holder preferably related to Data Analytics, Statistics, Accounting/ Audit, Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering or Information System with at least 10+ years of relevant experience in audit/ business/ risk management/ programming/ data management with knowledge and experience in advanced analytics such as Decision Trees, Logistics Regression and/ or other various Machine Learning algorithm.
- Practical experience with data analysis/mining tools (i.e. SAS, R, Python, Hive, Impala), visualization tools (such as Power BI, Qlik, Tableau) and database system (i.e. SQL Server/Oracle or other RDBMS platform) and familiarity with data management and Hadoop platform would be a plus point.
- Good understanding on new and emerging data analytics technologies and tools with proven track record of high performance in previous roles and ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and cope with change and diversity in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, able to work effectively in a team environment with strong collaborating and influencing skills.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)