First VP, Entity Reporting & Control, Group Finance & Corporate Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals.
We support enhanced decision-making to achieve optimal and sustainable financial outcomes for our shareholders. We are responsible for providing insights into the performance of the Group through financial, regulatory and performance reporting of the Group.
You will lead the Group Finance team in overseeing and performing the Group consolidation; ensuring timely closing and accurate financial reporting and analysis of UOB Bank Group’s performance. You will ensure that the financial reports for the Group are prepared in accordance to the accounting and regulatory standards. You will provide accounting advice to internal stakeholders on accounting issues and participate in projects as assigned.
- Lead a team to perform the Group consolidation process
- Execute controls over the monthly financial close process to ensure accuracy and completeness, including intercompany transactions and reconciliation, GAAP alignment and adjustments.
- Review regional banking subsidiaries and overseas branches results for reasonableness and ensure GAAP alignment. Provide guidance and support to overseas finance counterpart on IFRS.
- Oversight over associated companies results
- Provide operational support to assess financial impact to Group on accounting and / or presentation changes to external disclosures
- Ensure accurate financial representation on reporting decks prepared for senior management and Board, including submissions to regulators and annual report
- Assist with queries from stakeholders, both internal and external
- Review quarterly announcement materials
- Manage the finance teams to ensure timely financial closing and reporting
- Provide guidance to team and other finance peer groups over accounts closing and reporting issues
- Track effectiveness and efficiencies of processes and controls and identify opportunities for improvement in the Group consolidation & reporting process
- Review process flow to identify and explore areas for automation
- Lead discussions in data requirements to plan for future disclosure automation
- A recognised university degree in Finance/ Business or its equivalent.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in banking institutions and 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Good knowledge and application of IFRS/FRS is essential
- Good understanding of SAP and Hyperion would be an advantage
- Analytical and keen eye for details
- Selfdriven with the ability to deliver within tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate and lead team for success
- Good communication and presentation skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)