First VP, Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators.
Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science.
The role, reports into Enterprise Data Governance, is expected to implement data governance programs and initiatives across the Group. The incumbent is expected to perform analysis and strategize the approach for effective implementation and raise the awareness of data control requirements to all internal stakeholders. You will have to work closely with business and IT to identify potential gaps and areas for enhancement, and using your capability to analytically diagnose (problem solve) and thinking outside the box to propose and implement the solution.
Your main responsibilities include:
- As the subject matter expert to provide advisory on Data Governance directives, standards and data management functionalities, e.g. Data Quality, Enterprise Business Glossary and Master Data Management
- Design the approach and project manage the data governance and stewardship implementation to ensure high effectiveness and adoption across the Group
- Monitor the regulatory landscape across different jurisdiction where the Bank operates and identify data governance/management compliance obligations. Develop/drive initiatives to address the compliance requirements.
- Perform investigation on data incidents and propose remedial actions to mitigate the risk of non-compliance.
- Build and sustain strong collaborative relationship with business stakeholders, Group Technology and Operations to enable effective management of data asset.
- Member of secretariat for Data Management Working Group (DMWG), a 3th tier corporate governance committee of the Bank.
- Degree in Business Computing or related disciplines with at least 5 years of working experience in banking industry
- At least 2 years data governance or related GRC (Governance/Risk/Compliance) experience e.g. establishing standards and procedures, data stewards
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent presentation and written communication skills and ability to translate ideas, approaches and actions into presentation materials
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Governance and data quality methodologies and practices, preferably with experience in governance tools (MDM, data quality, metadata, etc.)
- Experience in project management and possess good facilitation skills with the ability to manage different stakeholders across the Bank and multitask across multiple initiatives
- Possess good analytical skills and keen interest in process enhancement and operation efficiency, preferably with certification on productivity/process improvement, e.g. Six Sigma
- Familiar with general data architecture concept, including data warehouse and big data technology
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)