First VP, Digital Plus
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
Are you passionate about making a difference?
Do you get bored when not challenged at work?
Would you want to re-imagine how financial institutions should be interacting with customers?
If your answer is 'Hell Ya!' to all three questions, we may just have a role for you.
We are looking for an individual to join the UOB Mobile & Digital team to manage our Digital Wealth.
This encompasses the Wealth advisory platforms used by RMs, as well as Wealth offerings being delivered via our Mighty app and Internet Banking platform.
Working closely with the Wealth business, you should possess the unique capabilities of both being an innovative digital product manager and a great marketer. You should be comfortable with both mobile and online, and will be required to work closely with our technology partners to deliver amazing digital experiences.
This is a challenging role and requires you to be able to apply Design thinking on issues you may face as you build your product portfolio, and proactively take the lead to take it to the next level. You should be comfortable in managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic & business case planning to tactical activities and implementations
Opportunities like this rarely come by and we are looking for the best talent out there.
So if you love to think out of the box and constantly believe there is a better way of doing things, you may just have found a team to meet your ambitions.
Strategic Thinking & Planning
• Able to conceptualise and come up with various angles of tackling issues and problem, recommend a way forward, and proactively implement the agreed solution
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic & business Case planning to tactical activities
• Work with the Personal Financial Services teams to understand their needs, and solution how mobile can help grow their business lines
• Understand the business issues and be able to translate it into requirements to the technology team
• Monitoring of project deadlines and schedules
• Crafting of user stories for sprints and prioritization for development within the proposed project scope
• Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project
Marketing & Execution
• Work with the Marketing and PR teams to plan for public launches of new digital services
• Track progress and take up (adoption) of mobile applications and services through constant review of analytics
• Evolve and innovate offering in line with statistics and findings
• At least 5 years of product management experience in a financial institution, ecommerce or online environment, with at least 10 years of working experience.
• Broad knowledge of internal and external Wealth management processes and digital advisory approaches
• Strong analytical skills and able to assess multiple systems for troubleshooting. Good problem solver and decision maker.
• Ability to write well and experienced at writing various business documents (i.e. business case and requirements, project plans, presentations, reports, and specifications).
• Excellent communications skills and able to work across both business and technology partners.
• Motivated, able to work independently, proactively and efficiently in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Excited and passionate about the Mobile space and its ability to change significantly change the way we live.
• Experience with working in a Hub and Spoke model i.e. centralised product management with responsibility for regional roll outs.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)