First VP, Digital Payments Product Owner
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
We are looking for candidates who are digital native and excited by the idea of owning and driving new ideas; people who like to build new products, features and services. This position requires collaboration with product, UX/UI, marketing, development and testing teams. You should be a self-starter and must be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, innovate, iterate and improve. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work directly on UOB’s digital payment strategy and roadmap. Additionally you will work on solutions that will drive engagement and positively impacting our customer’s day to day interactions with the Bank in the digital world. The ideal candidate should have an appreciation for payment technologies, an eye for details, have a relentless drive to build products that are customer centric, and be able to deliver results in a large, complex, and matrix organisation. This is the perfect role for candidates who want to be part of a dynamic team, spearheading digital transformation, in a fast paced environment.
- Serve as digital payments product owner, working with SCRUM team of developers and testers
- Work with product teams to define the digital product roadmap
- Understand the needs, gaps, opportunities, and provide outstanding product insights as the subject matter expert for digital payments
- Translate the product roadmap into user stories and acceptance criteria for the SCRUM team
- Manage and prioritize the backlog of work with the SCRUM team
- Be ambassador of your product by communicating the product CVPs, providing demos, and educating stakeholders
- Ensure the best customer experience for your product
- Be well informed of emerging industry trends and competition
- At least 5 years of product management experience in the digital payment space, with at least 8 years of working experience.
- Expert knowledge of banking processes and internet technologies, especially in the digital payments space.
- Strong analytical skills and able to assess multiple systems for troubleshooting. Good problem solver and decision maker.
- Ability to write well and experienced at writing various business documents (i.e. business case and requirements, project plans, presentations, reports, and specifications).
- Excellent communications skills and able to work across both business and technology partners.
- Motivated, able to work independently, proactively and efficiently in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Excited and passionate about digital technologies, and its ability to change significantly the way we live.
- Experience with working in a Hub and Spoke model i.e. centralised product management with responsibility for regional roll outs.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)