First VP, Department Head, Channels
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Gain a strong understanding and keep abreast of Business requirements
- Lead a team providing operational readiness support for technology changes, related to online banking channels, for business and operation users
- Work closely with the Operations and Business teams on developing solutions, defining target operating model, and prioritizing changes for implementation
- Recommend effective solution options that meet Operations/ Business expectations
- Manage and lead governance/ working forums with stakeholders to provide operational readiness update on projects status, risks and issues
- Define areas of High Risk in collaboration with Operations
- Define areas of High Business Values in collaboration with Business
- Assign risk weightage to requirements
- Tailor the testing strategy for the project to align to changing delivery paradigms
- Act as an escalation point whenever a risk to meeting project timelines due to operational readiness activities is raised and provide support for risk/ issue resolution
- Learn and master TOSCA tool which is a software testing tool used at UOB to design test cases and automate end to end testing
- Deliver projects to agreed budget, timeline and functionality from inception through to post implementation review
- Ensure smooth cutover for Operations, Business and other key stakeholders
- Review and submit management reports
- Lead human resource planning, development and staff management
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree
- Experience in online banking channels is a must
- Experience in managing medium sized team (10 to 20 people)
- Able to take ownership of issues and take them to closure
- Able to create effective work relationships across different levels of stakeholders from various disciplines
- Detail and results-oriented and able to work independently within strict timeframes
- Mature individual with strong leadership, influencing and problem resolution skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including effective presentation skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)