First VP, Data Analytics Insights Lead, Data Management Office
The Big Data Analytics Centre is a business function that leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities and infrastructure. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams to help the organization progress towards a self-service data discovery culture.
In this role you will be part of the Big Data Analytics Centre, and will aim to deliver new insights and bring analytical practices to life through data visualisation, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision making process across the entire organization.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
- Lead the Analytics Centre of Excellence to cross train team members, business users, and ensure business user adoption of analytics and supported tools.
- Develop and deliver the regional data analytics strategy for UOB, including establishment of an international team of data analytics professionals that drives Business Intelligence and Big Data
- Support group wide business units locally and across borders in developing data analytics solutions and roadmaps
- Manage and lead delivery of analytical solutions including analytical deep-dives and dashboards to help businesses leverage their internal data assets for strategic decision making
- Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management through use of data analytics and also in deployment of data analytics capabilities
- Support portfolio management with in-depth analysis of key segments and business drivers.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program and Big Data Program to develop the Analytics Capabilities and drive the Change Management agenda for the group.
- Drive innovation initiatives under the business leadership team’s guidance and directives.
- Support business users and senior management through use of AI and Machine Learning and also in deployment of overall data analytics capabilities.
- Min Postgraduate in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering , Computer Science or a related field
- Min 10 years working experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence function
- Strong experience in Business Intelligence solutions including Power BI and/or Qlik
- Strong experience in strategy development in relation to the application of analytics in business strategies
- Strong knowledge of data visualization, UI and UX design
- Knowledge of big data ecosystems (e.g. Hue, Hive, Impala), SQL, data warehousing, and data modelling a strong plus
- Strong leadership and team management capability with experience in training and conducting user enablement sessions would be a plus.
- Experience in banking or consulting industry, with experience in Finance or Risk Management a strong plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)