First Vice President, Fixed Income Advisory & Product
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.Job Responsibilities
You will be part of the Wealth Management team, and will be responsible for managing different aspects of the Fixed Income. It will include product development, portfolio management, defining product strategy and ideations, driving advisory delivery and standards, support sales activities, improve execution capability and be our fixed income connection to the market and key industry players. This role covers both country and regional PFS which will provide great exposure and learning curve if you have a growth mindset and seek challenge to be a significant and forward looking player in the fixed income market.
Your job scope includes:
- Innovation driven which will help build a robust, scalable and portfolio analytics driven fixed income value chain which will include due diligence, portfolio management, advisory, execution, lifecycle management and platform
- Strong fixed income industry experience and understanding in fixed income origination, syndication, OTC trading/warehousing, execution and corporate action in order effectively manage our established fixed income business
- Responsible for the P&L,AUM, client count and portfolio health of the product
- Responsible for managing the product program – approving product coverage; target market and segment; sales manual / pricing /advisory process
- Liaise with GM & external parties to identify product ideas and emerging risks
- Work closely with treasury specialists, investment strategist and GM to deliver the right fixed income solution to our clients via our client advisors
- Conduct Credit analysis and relative comparison of bonds which can be used to brief our internal wealth specialists and client advisors
- Conduct review on the current bond holdings in our bank’s AUM and seek to manage credit and portfolio concentration risk
- Develop product solutions and communications across segments
- Design product strategy differentiation to serve each segment
- Grow distribution channels – omnichannel, F2F and digital
- Build strong partnerships and share ideas/advices with other product specialists and sales teams
- Raise the standard of fixed income expertise within the Treasury Specialists as well as client advisors through education, training and exposure.
- Recognized university degree with minimum 10 years’ of relevant investment experience with established financial institutions.
- Strong understanding of fixed income market and product
- Intimate understanding of how fixed income origination, structuring and market works
- FX experience will be an added advantage
- Passion in building fixed income advisory approach which will be scalable and future proof
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous, proactive and able to think creatively.
- Has excellent communication and writing skills; with ability to present and advise clients and relationship managers on fixed income
- A self-motivated individual with strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Has strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all relevant stakeholders and external parties
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)