Firmware Security Engineer - MNC
Experis Singapore| Date Posted: 7-May-2021
EA Licence No: 02C3423
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software. Troubleshoots code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications. Involves analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- Involvement in one or more of these areas in embedded software/firmware for drives products: development of security features, remediation and management of security improvements, security testing, and process and standards compliance.
- Proven competency with object-oriented analysis and design as well as real-time development using the C/C++ language.
- Participates in the development and improvement of engineering processes and best practices.
- Drives quality by maintaining the link between requirements and testing.
- Investigates software anomalies in association with the functional test team, customer support team, or other group (possibly including customer) as needed. Debugs and resolved anomalies.
- Keeps current and well informed on embedded software engineering and cybersecurity methodologies and technologies relevant to our industry through personal research, training, and seminar participation.
- Willingness to work in a diverse set of software development frameworks including Agile and Scrum as the business demands.
- Frequently interacts with peers and customers to gain cooperation of others or conduct presentations of technical information/project activities. Builds productive internal/external working relationships including key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Networks with senior internal/external personnel in own area of expertise as well as networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Open to receiving and sharing of new ideas.
- Functions effectively in a globally distributed team environment as both an individual contributor and a leader.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with concentration in software; or equivalent
- Possess minimum 2 years of experience in embedded software development with an emphasis on the analysis, design, programming, and testing of real-time software systems using modern engineering practices on C/C++ language
- Familiarity with the following tools and languages is desired: Python, Green Hills Integrity OS and Multi IDE, TCP/IP networking, Git or similar version control tools, security test tools such as Achilles and Burp Suite, and collaboration tools such as Jira and Jama.
- Cybersecurity training or certification is a plus. Familiarity with cyber security requirements and practices for embedded and industrial products desired.
- Familiarity with agile processes like Scrum and SAFe is desired.
- Proven ability to specify and develop high quality, maintainable software subsystems or systems at a high rate of productivity required.
- Well established ability to organize and direct activities of other employees and communicate with a globally distributed team is required.
- Demonstrate customer centric culture to understand our internal and external customers.
If you are qualified and interested in applying for the position, please kindly send your CV in to Kenneth Ho at [Click Here to Email Your Resume] / Click Apply or call 65 6232 8241
EA License No.:02C3423
EA Registration No.: R1879958
Kenneth Ho Qian Tat EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1879958